Rand-ing

I find it almost surreal that I was somehow forced to pick up that beauty of a book, Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand and read it just a week prior to the happenings of this week, when I had owned the book for more than two years now and nothing of any sort had attracted me to read 1500 pages of so much pure information that I went to sleep for four nights with a headache when I did read it, and I couldn't put the book down, unless my life depended on it.

(Goddamn, that was a whole sentence masquerading as a paragraph)

What will happen if the producers go on strike? Will the needs of the people be fulfilled just because they exist? And so many many more questions...I will read it again, but I find myself afraid of touching that book, in case I get lost in it. Im sure the next time I open it, it will take me more than a month to finish it.

Do read it. And The Fountainhead, also by the same author. It gives refreshing perspectives on what is happening around you. You might not agree with what is written, and that is your choice. But do read.

Drop your comments on the books here. I'd love to know what you guys thought of them.

(BTW, Thats 16 now...)

4 comments: